Assignment 1: Create a Diversity Office
Shortly after the CNO (Chief Nurse Officer) completed her annual performance appraisal and salary evaluations, as required by the Joint Commission; you are confronted by a minority female RN that claims that her wages are substantially less than her male RN counterpart who is performing the exact same job in the oncology department. She feels as if she is being discriminated against. You realize you have no procedures in place to address these issues. Although minorities continue to be underrepresented within the healthcare workforce, your healthcare systems has continued to diversify with an increased number of ethnic and racial employees. You are aware that minorities and women will continue to comprise the highest percentage of new entrants into the labor force. You also notice that this is a pattern as this is the fourth employee that has confronted you with an issue regarding diversity (i.e. specifically differences in racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds) in the last six weeks from the oncology department.
By Monday, August 15, 2016, create a 15-20 slide PowerPoint Presentation to make a recommendation to the CEO to create a diversity office. The presentation should include the following:
- Explanation of the issues associated with awarding pay increases as it relates to performance appraisal to ensure consistency.
- Identification of components of compensation.
- Determination of the impact on diversity in the healthcare organization.
- Discussion of the role leadership plays in managing diversity and strategies to employ to effectively manage diversity
- Identification of major laws impacting the healthcare industry as it relates to hiring, terminating, and discriminating against employees.
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Explained issues associated with awarding pay increases.||
|Identified components of compensation.||
|Determine the impact on diversity in the organization.||
|Discuss role of leadership in managing diversity.||
|Recognize strategies to effectively manage diversity.||
|Identify major laws impacting healthcare industry.||
Style (8 points): Tone, audience, and word choice
all work must be original as it goes through a turnitin program
Stereotypes Set by Culture and Society
Sociology came into existence in the 19th century to explain the enormous changes occasioned by the Industrial Revolution, urbanization, and an individualistic mind-set. Unlike agrarian communities, the emerging urban populations were large, numbering in the tens of thousands.
These city dwellers neither grew their own food nor knew each other. In characterizing individuals, they found it convenient to speak in categories or stereotypes. According to the structural-functional perspective, stereotypes served an important communication function, helping them to compare and contrast groups.
The social-conflict perspective, on the other hand, argues that stereotypes serve the needs of those groups and categories benefitting from social inequality. Stereotypes help dominant groups to contrast social categories and to justify subordinating the less powerful. Furthermore, by lumping subordinate groups into faceless statistical categories, members of the dominant group dissipate the guilt they would have felt were they dealing with the subordinate categories as individuals.
Based on your readings, the online lectures, and your understanding of the above-noted issues, prepare a response to the following question:
Is it possible to speak of ethnic groups in America in terms other than stereotypes?
Create a response in 3 paragraphs to the discussion question. Cite sources and include references in your response. Submit your response to the Discussion Areaby Saturday, November 22, 2014
we came up with organic farm(private club), where people can feed and raise animals(cows,ships,etc.)or basically watch them before they can eat them we also thought about little fish farm over there.
Using your text answer the following as BRIEFLY as possible. Clearly identify the number of the question you are answering. Be sure to answer all parts of each question.
1. What is the primary function of carbohydrate?
2. What are the two main categories of carbohydrate?
3. What are the subcategories in each of the two main categories of carbohydrate?
4. What is the storage form of carbohydrate in plants and in animals?
5. How does the carbohydrate content (fiber, sugar, refined and whole grains) of the current American diet compare with the recommendations for the types and amounts of carbohydrate that should be consumed?
6. What does enriched mean?
7. What does â€œwhole grainâ€ mean?
8. What is the primary source of sugar in the American diet?
9. What are three food sources and health benefits of fiber?
10. Briefly describe the digestion of carbohydrate that occurs in the GI tract starting in the mouth.
11. What are the causes and treatments for the two different types of diabetes?
12. What is the cause, symptoms and treatment for lactose intolerance?
13. How is blood glucose regulated in the body?
14. What happens to excess glucose (where does it go?) that is removed from the blood in the bodyâ€™s attempt to normalize blood glucose?
15. How does the concept of â€œgoodâ€ vs. â€œbadâ€ carbohydrate relate to the term nutrient density?
16. List three examples of â€œbadâ€ carbohydrates.
17. List two functions of fat in food.
18. List three functions of fat in the body.
19. Which category of lipids is most prevalent in food and in the body?
20. List three types of dietary fat that should be limited.
21. List three types of dietary fat that are considered to be healthy.
22. Why does the body package fat as lipoproteins?
23. Which type of lipoprotein is considered MORE healthy and why?
24. Which type of lipoprotein is considered LESS healthy and why?
25. List four risk factors for heart disease that cannot be modified.
26. List five risk factors for heart disease that can be modified.
27. List eight things you can do to minimize your risk for heart disease.
28. List five functions of protein in the body.
29. List three different types of vegetarians and what they do/do not eat.
30. List four reasons why people may choose to be vegetarian.
31. How does the American diet compare with the recommendations for amount of protein to consume?
32. Explain the difference between a complete and incomplete protein. List a source of complete and incomplete protein that you consume.
33. Define the term â€œcomplementary proteinsâ€ and provide an example.
34. At what time of your life were you in positive nitrogen balance? Explain your answer.
35. Take the Self-Assessment on page 201 and provide a brief, written summary of your results.
The Research Paper
Your assignment is to create a 10 – page argumentative/persuasive research paper (within the concept of global economics) given one of the following options:
Option 1. Argue for or against an established theory.
Option 2. Argue for or against your own theory.
Option 3. Argue for or against a business decision, organizational plan, business philosophy, policy decision, or concept related to the class.
The paper should cite approximately eight peer reviewed full text journal articles retrieved from ProQuest, BE & T, InfoTrac, and Academic One File. Your paper should integrate at least the following
Â· The presentation of a firm position regarding your stance or theory.
Â· An offering of a strong position using evidence – based argumentation.
Â· An address of opposing points as to present a well – rounded argument controlling personal biases and strengthening your argument while diminishing the oppositionâ€™s points.
Â· An effort to use evidence and argument flow as to instill a sense of trust into your reader. Do you feel stuck while planning your argument? If so, then try jumpstarting the assignment by using the following steps:
1. Choose a stance you believe in and write down why you believe in the stance.
Â· Ask yourself the following questions:
Â· Who is my audience and which points will they be interested in?
Â· What kind of tone am I assuming for my argument?
Â· Does my tone match the audience? (If not, consider changing your tone.)
Â· Am I engaging in a fallacy or illogical stance? (Make sure you make sense or no one will believe you!)
Â· Would someone agree or disagree with me given my points? (Argue with yourself as to find the strengths and weaknesses of your stance.)
Â· Am I making a moral or cultural argument? (If so, you may need to reconsider a stance able to utilize scholarly literature.)
Â·Can I research my stance? (If not, you may need to consider a new stance.)
1. Research as to find the evidence needed to support your stance or theory. Seek the needed facts, quotes, and existing research you can use for your argument
2. Outline and write the essay starting with the evidence – supported defense of your points and slowly transition into an address of opposing points.
3. Provide a brief summary of the argument as to conclude the essay.
The analysis requires the additional components:
1. One nameless/anonymous or web reference.
2. Two APA formatted short quotes used to support the paper.
3. One APA formatted figure that you created that helps support your argument and research findings.
APA formatted paper including:
O Font: Times New Roman, 12 point, and double spaced.
O Margins: One inch margins, all around.
O Indents: One – half inch indent as to begin a paragraph.
O Proper APA citations and references.
O Proper use of Level 1 headings as to label the introduction, main body, and conclusions segments.
O Proper use of Level 2 headings as to label the sections within the main body
O A proper title page.
O A reference page utilizing hanging indents and alphabetized by the last name of the first author.
Free of spelling errors and minimal use of passive voice.
Just for Realtutor
i want someone to do the following assignment:
Choose a Topic from those listed on slides in the Power Point presentation from Chapter 2 – Composing. Use method described in class to write the first paragraph of an essay on the chosen topic. e.g.
A) List 10 items that come to mind about the topic (Brainstorm or do a self-assessment, only).
B) Prioritize (list items according to importance of information about topic the author wants to share)
C) Prioritize (rearrange the second time – in order of importance)
Take the three most important items (#s 1, 2, & 3) and use as sub-topics to write the first paragraph of your essay on chosen topic. Must be at least six (6) sentences and must show minimum three (3)references/sources in bibliography.
the powerpoint slides are attached..
i want to pick the topic of : ( the college life )
its due in two days..
Ashford General Hospital is a 263-bed regional hospital located in California, serving its community for more than 50 years. The hospital maintains the only 24-hour emergency department in the area and an “extended hours” urgent care clinic. Similar to other hospitals in the United States, Ashford General Hospital is encountering a nursing shortage. Sixty-eight percent of the nursing staff is over the age of 45, facing retirement. The retention rate on nurses is 61%, compared to 65% nationwide. Many of the nursing staff find the work too physically demanding and have a feeling of emotional burn-out as well. In the past two years, the hospital has used both per diem nurses and traveling nurses who sign short-term contracts to fill individual shifts and accommodate short-term staffing needs arising from staff vacations or medical leaves. This has not only driven up personnel costs but also resulted in lower scores on patient satisfaction surveys. Ashford General Hospital faces significant challenges in nurse staffing ahead as it grapples with these issues, and the hospital board is very concerned. They know there must be some changes made in order to prevent a major financial and human resources crisis in the future. As the newly hired CEO, you are asked to present a proposal in the next board meeting.
For your Final Paper, you will create a 10 to 15 page proposal (excluding title and reference pages) for the Ashford General Hospital Board of Directors. In your proposal, you will:
- Include an executive summary.
- Research and describe solutions implemented at five other hospitals in the US that were dealing with these same issues.
- Based on your research, describe two solutions that are the most viable for Ashford General Hospital to implement within the next two years.
- Create a total of two stakeholder group analyses for two solutions you select. Each analysis should include at least five stakeholder groups involved (e.g. patients, hospital executive administration, accounting, Human Resources (HR), marketing, third-party payers, etc.). As part of your analysis, address the following questions:
- Who is impacted?
- What change processes may be required?
- What fiscal impact would occur?
- What are the ethical, legal, and diversity risk factors involved?
- Based upon the stakeholder group analyses, recommend the best solution for Ashford General Hospital with detailed justification. Explain why you feel it is the most viable and appropriate solution given the financial impact, HR issues, and interpersonal dynamics of hospital personnel, cultural shift, and change management.
- To prepare your board proposal, including the textbook, utilize at least 10-to-12 scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past five years, as well as hospital or foundation websites. All sources must be cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be 10-to-15 double-spaced pages (excluding title page and references page) in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an executive summary.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Including the textbook, must utilize a minimum of 10 to 12 scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past five years, as well as hospital or foundation websites. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The reference papers provided by excellenthomeworks.com serve as model papers for students and are not to be submitted as it is. These papers are intended to be used for research and reference purposes only