● Choose one of the religious traditions discussed in class (or in course readings);
● Summarize one specific belief / story / ritual from this tradition, using at least two brief
quotations from the selected reading. Note: please choose a belief, story, or ritual that
you found challenging, intriguing, or provocative.
○ This section should be approximately 1.5 pages in length (~450 words).
● Reflect on how and why your selected example challenged you, and the effect that
learning about it had on you. For example: Did it contradict your previously held beliefs
about the tradition under discussion? Did it differ substantially from your own personal
beliefs? Did it provoke a particularly visceral reaction from you?
○ This section should be approximately 1 page in length (~ 300 words).
● Compose a brief introduction and conclusion. These should be no more than 1-2
sentence apiece, and the introduction should include a thesis statement.
● Papers should be double-spaced and written in 11- or 12-point font.
● Please submit your assignment in Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF format.
● For a paper of this type, it is absolutely appropriate to write in the first-person
● Please proofread carefully.
● Even though your paper will only be referencing course materials, you must cite them
appropriately and include a Works Cited / Reference page. You can use the citation style
of your choice, but it must be employed consistently.
The post Choose one of the religious traditions discussed in class (or in course readings); ● Summarize one specific belief / story / ritual from this tradition appeared first on excellent homeworks.