In your initial post, introduce yourself to your peers and your instructor by creating a personal statement. The purpose of your personal statement, as opposed to a more general introduction, is to provide a picture of how you intend to use the Master of Public Health (MPH) program to advance your career and improve your life. It is also our goal with this course to help you have a successful graduate school experience. With that in mind, I would ask that you visit the MPH Learning Community, specifically the Events and Activities page.
This can be accomplished in two ways:
- By using the Canvas Dashboard,
- Click ‘Dashboard’ on the left most Global Navigation Menu. Once the dashboard appears, select Department of Health Sciences Learning Communities (image of individual receiving vaccine).
- By using the ‘Courses’ button,
- Click ‘Courses’ on the left most Global Navigation Menu. All available dashboard options will appear. At the top, select ‘Department of Health Sciences Learning Communities.’
Once on the Learning Community page, scroll to the bottom and you will see the Masters in Public Health option. You can trace your cursor over the top of the image and then select ‘Events and Activities’
Here you will find the graduate modules needed for this discussion and a wealth of other resources related to public health here at the University of Arizona Global Campus and throughout the United States.
Select two of the graduate modules and return to this space and complete the information below.
Your personal statement should be at least 200 to 250 words in length. In your post,
- Provide your educational history. (Indicate the degrees you have earned and the degree-granting institutions you have attended.) BACHELOR DEGREES IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- Describe your current job and any work history related to the field of public health. WORK AT CHILDREN’S NATIONAL HOSPITAL AS MPI TECHNICIAN. NOTHING RELATED TO PUBLIC HEALTH
- Describe how you expect to use this degree to create new professional opportunities.
- Evaluate how you perceive public health in your current profession and in your daily life.
Explain how you desire to use this degree to improve the health of others.
- Write three to four sentences explaining what you took away from your first graduate readiness module. (e.g. title of the module, focus areas of interest, what you found most helpful, etc.)Academic Village, HONOR SOCITIES, I AM MEMBER OF DELTA ALPHA PI INTERNATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
- Write three to four sentences explaining what you took away from your second graduate readiness module. (e.g. title of the module, focus areas of interest, what you found most helpful, etc.)Strategies for Classroom Success, VISUALIZING GRADUATION, TO HAVE THE DESIRE TO MOVE INTO A LEADERSHIP, AND DEMORATE THE VALUE OF COLLEGE TOWARD MY SON.