According to epidemiologic evidence, which group in the US consumes more added sugar, adults or children and adolescents?
Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
What was the purpose of the study?
2. According to epidemiologic evidence, which group in the US consumes more added sugar, adults or children and adolescents?
3. Did the authors use an ad libitum dietary approach or controlled intervention to achieve the goals of the study?
4. What was the purpose of taking 24-h serial blood collections at baseline (i.e., the beginning of the study) and during the intervention?
5. Were participants recruited specifically for this study or were they a subgroup from a larger study?
6. Why do you think individuals with diabetes were excluded from participating in this study? Use what you have learned from our readings and discussion, as well as some “digging” on your own about carbohydrates and diabetes, to provide a possible answer.
7. The authors observed a linear dose-response increase in certain factors associated with CVD risk.
(a) What is a linear dose-response?
(b) Which factors were not significant after making statistical adjustments (i.e., correction for multiple comparisons)?