In this this assignment you will be comparing outpatient services to those offered by hospitals. As medical professionals we need to understand the roles of each and how they differ.
Create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
- Compare the roles of outpatient services and hospitals related to their place within the health care delivery system. How are they similar? How are they different?
- How have the roles of outpatient services and hospitals evolved from historical times to the present?
- Identify three functions shared by both outpatient services and hospitals. How do outpatient services and hospitals differ in their approach to these functions? How are they similar?
- Which type of health provider (outpatient services or hospitals) has been most effective in caring for underserved populations? Explain your reasoning.
- Are the financial challenges faced by hospitals different from those of outpatient services? How are they similar?
Your presentation must have 10-12 slides and cite a minimum of two references other than your textbook.
While GCU style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using GCU documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.